Monday, January 3, 2011

Bible in 90 Days: Day 1

(Just a note: I cannot decide about blogging. If it is something I want to continue or if I am ready to go officially silent. But I think I will write about reading the Bible in 90 days.)

Day 1 takes us from Creation all the way to Abram. So many of the familiar stories in these 12 pages: Creation, Adam and Eve; Cain and Abel,Noah and his sons, Shem, Ham and Jepheth, Tower of Babel. Abram and his wife Sarai and nephew Lot, Hagar and Ishmael.

Verse that stopped me and made me think: Genesis 4:6-7. Then the LORD said to Cain, "Why are you angry? Why is your face downcast?  If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must master it."

A verse I love: Genesis 15: 6. Abram believed the LORD, and he credited it to him as righteousness.

No comments: