Monday, December 6, 2010

Multitudes on Monday; 1000 Gifts




* God who gives us a way back

* family's forgiveness after my anger yesterday

* husband who does mission work

* my son finally got his car and God, it is a good one! Thank you.

* quiet

* my new journal to record my gifts
 from Mardel's




My gifts lists are scattered about in several places, some numbered, some not. I am going to put them all in the journal above, number them and really commit to the practice of gratitude in my life.

I'm like the Israelites in the desert, complaining about what I don't have instead of being grateful for what I do have. Humble me, God. Forgive me, Father. Restore me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is such a good habit to get into. One of the things I try to do every morning is to think over the previous day and choose 5 blessings. It was so helpful while I was packing up my dad's things. Kind of kept me from falling completely to pieces. Thanks so much for your sympathy and comments on my blog.

Leah said...

Oh, you are welcome. Hope you are better now, but it will take a long while to be better.

I like your idea of doing it in the morning for the previous day.