- What books and/or magazines did I read this month? Just finished 44 Scotland Street by Alexander McCall Smith. Doing BSF and read some of Acts and all of Hebrews this month. Bought two books: What Women Fear and What Is It Like to Be Married To Me?.
- What movies, television shows, plays, etc. did I watch this month? No plays, not much television: An episode or two of Friday Night Lights, which I am recording, and Return to Cranford (Masterpiece Theater). No movies. We did go to see the King Tut exhibit at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston. Our family of five, plus three friends (one for each kid). Granddad and Lee. We also went to the Houston Symphony earlier this month to see Christoph Eschenbach conduct the orchestra in Mahler #5. Just our family of five and one friend.
- What fun things did I do with my family and/or friends? Christmas!
- What gifts did I give and/or receive? Lots of Christmas presents to give.
- What special or unusual purchases did I make? Bought new bedroom comforter set. And a new purse.
- What illnesses or health concerns did I have? 1) Only one migraine! 2) I'm not exercising enough. 3) And at Weight Watchers, I had to pay because I was more than two pounds over goal. (But that was after Christmas dinner, lots of pumpkin pie with whipped cream and a dinner at Sweet Tomatoes.) (Not all on the same day.)
- What were my accomplishments this month? Hmm...
- What were my disappointments this month? Maximize Your Mornings did not go well for me at all.
- How did I do on my goals for the month? (Or any current short or long term goals)
- Anything else noteworthy to include? Yes, we had two visitors: Grandad and Lee.
- Volunteer work: December 4th, Lanier Christmas Party. Was an all-day event, outside, on the Lanier grounds. Cold and wet, rained during the day. It was fun, but miserable, too.
- Upload all digital pictures to my hard drive and clear off memory cards in camera. Place all photos for the month in a computer folder labeled with the month and year. Make a backup copy of the photos from the month on my external hard drive and a dvd. I also upload all photos to my flickr account (you can use any offsite photo storage site, but here is why I love flickr). Ideally, these activities should be done every time you process any pictures through your computer so you don't lose any precious files, but if you have lapsed during the month, now's the time to get it done!
- Choose photos or digital layouts to be printed out and get it done while I'm thinking about it.
- Backup any other documents or files as needed. I use an external hard drive, I also upload many documents to Google docs. I don't like to lose stuff.
- Backup my blog. It's easy to do if you have one, just use Typepad backup or blogger backup.
- Clean off my work area, empty my inbox, and clean up my computer files. Here's a link to my digi organization post.
This is a great way to finish off the current month and prepare yourself for a fresh start.I hope you will try it! If you post your roundup on your blog, it would be great if you could give a link back to me so others know where to find the roundup tool, but it's not a requirement or anything. LOL! Also, feel free to edit the questions and tasks however you want to make them useful for you.
The important thing is to just take a few minutes to record the memories of the month before they are forgotten!