Friday, January 7, 2011

Bible in 90 Days

Two things.

1. I think I am reading as Bible study, instead of as a story. I have to turn off that inner voice that is encouraging me to compare, contrast, remember, understand. Not completely, of course, but I need to read as a story trusting that what I need to notice will be made obvious. It is taking too long the other way.

2. In order to find the time to read for 45 minutes to an hour a day, I need to drop some things. Want to know what those things are? Here are some of the things I am considering:
  • I will not read the newspaper, except to skim the food section and gardening section (each runs one days a week). 
  • I will not read the latest book from Jan Karon about Father Tim. It is waiting for me at the library, but I am going to release my hold. (I put that hold on in October! That is how many people want to read the book!) I will probably go ahead and request it again fairly quickly so I won't have to wait too long to get it after I finish the Bible in 90 Days.
  • Israel, My Beloved is a book by Kay Arthur. I am about half-way through it, but I am setting it aside for now. 
  • I will be diligent about time spent on the computer. That is, diligent about not wasting time on the computer!
  • My prayer time will be shortened. My prayer plan is to pray the morning office from Phyllis Tickle's book, plus one prayer from a Stormie Omartian book and then other prayers offered up as I go through my day.

No comments: