Sunday, August 21, 2011

Say Mmm: a free meal planning site that I am trying to figure out how to use!

I signed up for a free Say Mmm account.

Honestly, the biggest area of stress in my life now is food for my family. I've got a husband with a big appetite who also cares a great deal about eating healthy foods. Three teenagers (one boy, two girls) who are always hungry, busy with life, school and sports.

I have tried meal planning before. I over-think it and feel like I have to do it perfectly and so it is very time-consuming. (The couple of times I tried to do it.) And then, something would throw off the meal plan, so it was easy to conclude that the time invested was not worth it.

Here's why I think it is worth it:

that sinking feeling in the late afternoon/early evening when I realize that dinner should already be at least partially prepped and I haven't even decided what to fix...

rushing to cook so dinner won't be too late...

the mess that that kind of cooking (rushed, frantic) makes...

not having all the ingredients I need...

finishing dinner later than I like, which means kitchen clean-up happens when I am tired and moving slowly...

All unpleasant.



I am going to try Say Mmm.

But so far I am having a hard time figuring it out.

No comments: