Friday, March 18, 2011

Bible in 90 Days tenth week, mid-week update

March 11, 2011
 
I know it is not a check in day, but I just wanted to say that…

I am through Isaiah, Jeremiah and Lamentations! That was tough, tough, tough for me. Parts of it are beautiful, but it was still hard.

I figured out that Isaiah, Jeremiah and Lamentations are 121 pages and Ezekiel, Daniel and all the minor prophets are 106 pages. So in addition to being 2/3 the way through the Bible, I am over half-way through those prophets.

It occurs to me that I should pray to have my eyes opened to the prophets….
I already pray briefly before I read. I read a stanza of Psalm 119, moving a little sticky arrow each time. What I think I need to do is ask God to make me love the prophets and cause the prophets to be meaningful to me. I am still a week to a week and a half behind.

No comments: